Reckon is one of the successful accounting software that provides its users perfect accuracy in its calculation. If you open an invoice, sales receipt or any other file to make changes onto it but mistakenly you have made the changes that you didn’t want to do. Using a “Revert” option you can revert or restore a file to its original document.
We are describing you some steps that will help you in correcting a document or a file to its original state. In case, you get stuck somewhere in doing so then contact Reckon support New Zealand team .
Revert an invoice
When you are on an invoice form in Reckon, you will find a small button available next to “Save and New” option. When you open a saved invoice to make changes like add items, delete items or change the price. If you have mistakenly made the changes that you didn’t wish to modify, then click on “Revert” button and your invoice will return to its first saved description.
Revert a sales script
This process of revert a sales script is quite similar to an invoice; you will find “Revert” on same position of your screen. The only difference you will find a sales receipt is prepared at the time when a customer is paying for products and services and there you don’t need to return to save sales script to make changes.
It can only read “Revert” when you need to return to a form that has been saved. Whereas “Revert” returns a file to its original form and “Clears” delete the entire form.
One can make use of the given information to undo a document if you have mistakenly made the changes to a document. In case, you face some issues or stuck somewhere then it’s better to connect with an expert by dialing Reckon Technical Support number 048879113. Experts listen to your queries and solve them in moments.
Read also this blog : How to fix slow response issue of Reckon QuickBooks?
You have queued up files for printing but cannot. It creates a bundle of hell of files which can’t be printed.
The question lies in how to fix printing issues by locating qbprint.qbp and the WPR.ini print documents for deletion.
Below are the methods with which you can find the documents and delete them.
Windows 7 & Vista:
You can search and delete the documents in 2 locations-
- C:\Users\All Users\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx and C:\Program Data\Intuit\ReckonAccounts xxxx-xx.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ReckonAccounts 2013
How to look out for these files-
- Go to Windows start menu and then Computer.
- In the top right-hand side of the screen, in Search computer type and enter: QBPRINT.QBP.
- All QBPRINT.QBP files will be displayed on the screen after the search is completed.
- Select all the searched documents and delete them.
- Repeat the same steps for removing WPR.INI.
You can find these files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx (in this ‘x’ defines the year of QBs version presently in use).
How to search the documents:
- Go to Search option after clicking on Windows Start.
- Select All Files and Folders.
- Now go to More Advanced Options.
- Search subfolders after selecting Search hidden documents and folders.
- Enter QBPRINT.QBP in either all or part of the file name.
- Select Local Hard Drives (C:) from Look in Field.
- Select Search.
- Right click on QBPRINT.QBP files and remove them from the search result window.
- Repeat the process for deleting WPR.INI.
With the help of above mentioned steps, you can locate and delete the files that are blocking the process of printing.
Reckon Technical Support number +64-04-8879113 is here at your service
If you are looking for technical support for your Reckon issues and errors then get in touch with the technicians and experts of Reckon Customer Support New Zealand. If you are unable to perform the above steps then our professionals will help you in resolving and fixing the printing issue. You can also reach our team via live chat as we are available there for 24/7.